Speaking of sokko...

Since they remake pretty much everything in the movie business why haven't they gotten around to drudging up Johnny Sokko and his Giant Robot? With the success and the cheese that is The Power Rangers one would think that Robo and them would be prime material. Maybe they're intimidated by the fact the Unicorn, the secret agency battling the forces of Emperor Guillotine and his Gargoyle Gang, actually used children as secret agents placing them in harms way. But they did give those kids fully loaded guns so they could protect themselves if necessary. I mean U7 might've been all of eight years old but that little bastard would bust a cap for real if you didn't keep an eye on him. And who didn't enjoy the fact that Robo had to do his dance before he could freaking do ANYTHING. "Robot! Power Punch!" In due time U7 because my man has to bust his move first. Simply Outstanding. Of course there is the issue that outside of the nostalgia factor The Giant Robot as a piece of entertainment kind of sucked. I realized this while forcing my son to watch the Giant Robo DVD's I got from suspect origins, and the look of sadness in his eyes at how horrible my childhood must have been that I once thought this to be entertaining. Whatever punk. That wouldn't stop me from going all Fan Boy and buying a ticket to a new Giant Robo flick eight months in advance. I might even set aside a spare afternoon and generate a spec script. Shouldn't take much longer than that. I just might do that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wrong Cheerleader

The Wrong Crush

The Ladies of Adam Sandler - Pt. II