A Formal Apology

A few years ago I wrote a review of the movie 'Thirty Days of Night'.  That movie had no Black people in it, though the city of Barrow Alaska, where the movie takes place, does have quite a few Black people in its population.  I saw it in a documentary.  Nonetheless, I commented in that review that I observed that the movie didn't have any Black People in it and, tongue in cheek, passed it off as okay since Black people don't like cold weather all that much.  Well a young man not too long ago apparently read that and he was not happy.  I mean he was pissed.  He called me all kinds of dirty names and stupids and dumbs and basically said it's White people like me that give White people a bad name.  He also went on to tell me how much he loves cold weather and Ice hockey and Ice Coffee and frigid women and everything else cold.

Of course... I'm not a White person.  I kind of thought everybody knew that already, especially since I'm an international celebrity and stuff, right?  Right?  Regardless, since I assumed most everyone knew I was a Black guy already and as such knows where I stand on Black people in movies, especially horror movies... please watch our music video 'Still Dead', stashed somewhere on this blog, for clarification on this... I kind of thought that statement would be read as the social commentary as it was meant. 

That being said, if you happen to be a Black person who did read that and you don't know that I'm Black too, a Black person from the coldest, meanest city in America, that being Detroit Michigan, then chances are you would be pissed off.  I don't know if you would be as upset as that guy, who was truly pissed, but you'd be pissed off.  We are not in the business of upsetting people here at the FCU, actually we're not in any business for that matter since nobody pays us for nuthin', but be that is it may we will take this time to formally apologize to this young man.  I would've apologized to him directly, but so upset was he, that he informed me not to bother because he doesn't accept emails from stupid white people.  Then he told me to kiss his ass and that he was on his way outside to build a Snowman.  Okay, he didn't really say that, but he did say everything else.  That guy was pissed.

Comments

  1. While I applaud your formal, public apology, I take issue with the fact that your pissed reader does not know you are a black man. I mean, you Are an International Celebrity after all! I hear your huge in Albania....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wrong Cheerleader

The Wrong Crush

The Ladies of Adam Sandler - Pt. II