Taimak Lives!

Went to my first ever Comicon this past weekend with the esteemed Arvell Jones who I have observed knows every single person who's ever had anything to do with a comic book in the history of the planet earth. I was actually there to hoping score an interview with Tony Todd for an upcoming Totally Twisted Flix episode featuring the actor but alas he sold out the Motor City Comicon so no interview was to be scored. I did manage to get an interview Ryan Thompson who directed the locally produced 'Zombie Holocaust'. But amidst the Princess Leia's and stormtroopers and Boba Fett's were a string of old school actors hawking autographs and stuff for spare change. Yancy Butler, Joyce Dewitt, the cat that played Larry on Three's Company, Gil Gerard and Erin Grey, Eric Atavari, Garrett Wang, Kristy Swanson and a gaggle of old playmates just to name a few. But most importantly we saw TAIMAK! The Last Dragon baby! A very nice dude. I would've gotten a picture to put up here but I don't like the cat enough to give him 20 dollars for the priveledge of taking a picture of him with my own damn camera. Not to single out Taimak but all of the celbs were charging around that amount. Unless you wanted to take a picture with Carrie Fisher. It cost you twenty bucks to get into the Comicon (I was press so I didn't pay jack - nor would I have), forty dollars for the right to stand in line to get into Ms. Fisher's booth and get an autograph and another fifty if you wanted a photo. On your own damn camera. Only in America. On a sad note we have learned that they are remaking 'The Last Dragon'. As if remaking 'Footloose' and 'The Karate Kid' aren't bad enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wrong Crush

The Ladies of Adam Sandler - Pt. II

The Wrong Cheerleader