Best. Show. Ever.


A few months back a friend of my mine gives me the 411 on this Starz production of 'Spartacus Blood and Sand'. He tells me it's a good show. He tells me it has a little bit too much 'man on man love' for his tastes... but outside of that, it's a good show. Even though I don't watch much television when the football season ends but I do have that fancy u-verse with all the packages and what-not so I DVR this show. Never got around to watching it. A couple of weeks back combing through the DVR stuff I see this show and decided I should delete it to save some space, but before I do this maybe I should at least watch the first episode. That first episode was pretty good. Not great, but decent. Decent enough for to pick up the next episode the following day. That second show was even better and now I'm hooked in. Amazingly this pattern would continue as each show would be better than the show concluded with the 'KILL THEM ALL' episode. Baby, can't beat that with a stick. It got to the point I couldn't wait to get home from the job to watch the next show. Sure, I have the entire first season on the DVR and could just sit straight through but I wanted to savor this show.

'Spartacus Blood and Sand' has more violence, more nudity and more sex than probably any show ever made in the history of the universe. In fact before I started watching it I read a comment where some dude mentioned 'If you can get past the sex and violence it's a really good show.' I'm thinking to myself 'what's wrong with that dude? He must be some kind of girlie-man or something.' No, there is so much nudity and violence in the show you actually have to account for it and get past it. It's insane. But nudity and violence do not make for a good show. It's the characters that make this show great. It's the way, in only thirteen episodes, that the creators of this show brought these characters along, found a way to develop these characters into real people and forced the audience to care about their well being, or hope for their unceremonious demise as the case may be.

If someone were stupid enough to give me some money and let me make me a movie, that cat in the corner, Peter Mensa, would be in every movie I'd make. For no other reason than the man is big, mean and ugly and he can act. THIS IS MADNESS!!!

Apparently STARZ is readying a sequel, which I will not watch because it cannot get any better than KILL THEM ALL!!! Where in the hell do you go after that? Downhill, that's where you go. On a sadder note let's hope that Spartacus star Andy Whitfield beats the cancer that has stricken him and gets back to making the follow up to this show that I will not be watching. Best show ever. Sorry Sopranos and The Boondocks. Still love you though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wrong Cheerleader

The Wrong Crush

The Ladies of Adam Sandler - Pt. II