The new look of the Asian Male.


So the family finishes watching the Rugby flick 'Forever Strong' and while it is a typical sports movie filled to brim with cliche it was still entertaining. I'm in the middle of writing the review and click on the name of the star of that movie, this dude to my left, Sean Farris, to see what projects my man has coming up since he's not a bad actor and he was also pretty decent in the equally derivative 'Never Back Down'. One of these projects would be the video game flick 'King of Fighters' with Mr. Farris playing the lead role of Kyo Kusanagi. Allrightythen. Maybe its just me but I'm thinking this cat doesn't look like someone who would be named Kyo Kusanagi. I don't know what problems the suits in Hollywood have with Asian people, particularly Asian males, but they need to get over it. I guess this is nothing new, dating back to Charlie Chan and the late David Carradine get the nod over Bruce Freaking Lee for 'Kung Fu', but one would think in the 21st century that we would allow actual Asians play Asian characters. '21', that Dragonball movie, the new Streetfighter flick and the list goes on. The argument we often hear is that Asian actors don't sell tickets... which would mean that Sean Farris does sell tickets. Just as Justin Chatwin sold out Dragonball and Kritin Kruek set the box office on fire for Streetfighter. Now if they had cast Will Smith as Kyo Kusanagi, as wrong as that might've been, I'd buy into that ticket selling argument... but Sean Farris? Not that we're blaming Mr. Farris because I sure wouldn't turn the gig down, but that doesn't make it cool. I'd like to say because of this I think I'm gonna have to pass on the 'King of Fighters' movie but we all know I'm going to watch it so let's not front. I saw DOA for goodness sakes and can't wait for Tekken, no matter how bad they may be, but that STILL doens't make this cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wrong Cheerleader

The Wrong Crush

The Ladies of Adam Sandler - Pt. II