GO U.S.A!!!

In the first 'Transformers' flick when Bumble Bee transformed from an old '78 Camaro to a brand spanking new '09 Camaro the woman sitting next to me oohed and aahhed breathlessly saying that 'that's her dream car'. I was a little envious of that woman at that particular time because for a little more than 22G her dream car could be in her garage in the morning. My dream car on the other hand is a Jaguar XJ220 which, if you're really lucky, you might be able to track one down for a couple hundred thousand somewhere.

Regardless, even though the American Auto Industry is on thin ice on a warm summers day, I offer that GM with their Camaro, Chrysler with the Challenger and Ford with the Mustang have three of the hottest mass produced cars being sold on the planet earth right now. Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Honda, VW, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Suzuki... whomever... don't have anything in their respective lineups in this category, in my opinion, of these glorious examples of fine American sheet metal. Especially at their price points.

I'm telling you this and I don't even drive an American car. I actually drive an eleven year old Kia, a car which would only be driven by someone who is poor. Destitute. Broke. Lacking fiscal resources. I'm not even sure which one of these beauties I would choose given the choice. All I do know is if I was fortunate enough to have around thirty thousand or so dollars to spend on an automobile in the next couple of months, this brother here would be buying American. And it has little to do with loyalty to my country and everything to do with me looking good, crusing down the street winking at the hunnies, with my wife in the passenger side cramping my style.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wrong Cheerleader

The Wrong Crush

The Ladies of Adam Sandler - Pt. II