GO LIONS!!!


Not that this is a sports blog or anything but I am a sports fan and at one time I was a pretty damn good athlete. In fact many people likened my basketball skills to that of Michael Jordan. No joke. That is if Jordan couldn't jump, run, shoot, dribble or pass. Otherwise or games were virtually identical. But we're here right now to talk about my team... the Detroit Lions. This past weekend I fired up my energy sucking, enviroment destoryig Plasma TV and watched my Lions play the Cleveland Browns in totally worthless pre-season football in glorious HD and my Lions looked TERRIBLE. Matthew Stafford looked TERRIBLE. Daunte Culpepper looked okay and Drew Stanton actually looked pretty good again. However to steal a quote from a guy I heard on sports talk radio, as some Lions fans begin clamoring for Stanton to start the season, all that proves is that the Lions 3rd stringers are better than other teams 3rd stringers.

But even though the Lions looked awful and made the Browns look like the '89 49ers, it is just preseason football and it means nothing. Lions 2008 preseason anybody? I don't think anybody seriously expects the Lions to be any good this year anyway, say become the 2008 Miami Dolphins, and it will be a surprise if they win more than three games. I also don't know if Stafford is going to be any good either, and since my Lions drafted him the chances are that he won't be any good, but it was the kids first start and he's going to suck this year no matter how much or how little he plays. No, he won't become this years Matt Ryan who was blessed to hand the ball to Michael Turner 350+ times last year or Joe Flacco who was blessed to have one the best Defenses in NFL clean up his mistakes. Hopefully Coach Swartz will let the kid sit to start the season and let his 250lb veteran take the early abuse and hopefully win the city of Detroit a football game.

As a Lions fan I just hope they get that first win out of the way sooner than later because with each mounting loss the national joke just becomes bigger and bigger. And that win is coming. Guaranteed. So if your team is on the Lions schedule in 2009 you had best watch out because we are beating SOMEBODY this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wrong Cheerleader

The Wrong Crush

The Ladies of Adam Sandler - Pt. II