It's a Chicken Sandwich!

First a poem I wrote...

From nowhere you came, much to my surprise,
The Spicy Chicken Sandwich from of all places... Popeyes.

You were good, no doubt, but the ultimate test,
Is that you placed Chick Filet in the position of second best.

Zaxby's Wendy's and BK all tried and failed,
But where they struck out, you managed to prevail.

A Sandwich so good, almost made we wanna cry,
And as a note to KFC... bruh, don't even give it a try.

Somewhere Nikki Giovanni weeps.  That somebody is trying to call this poetry.

On Thursday August 15th, 2019 in the year of our Lord, our HR department was in feverish conversation over chicken sandwiches.  Debra and Riley both had tried the Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich and laid down the gauntlet that this was the best chicken sandwich ever.  Note that this is Georgia and these are natives, so those are words that can't come out of their mouths easily.  I'm a Michigan Man, I have no such loyalties.  On Friday August 16th, 2019, HR Karleigh and the HR Manager Gerald both reported they too had this chicken sandwich.  Karleigh laid down at the feet of the greatness of this sandwich while Gerald, an ordained minister, still sided with God's chicken, this being Chic Filet and he will not waver, unless, of course, he wants a chicken sandwich on Sunday.  I was being badgered on why I haven't tried this glorious sandwich yet.  Well, Popeyes is pretty far away from me, but no worries, I had some errands to run in the city the next day and would give it a try then.

So on Saturday, August 17th in the year of 2019 at 11:30 A.M in the middle of my weekend shopping errands I stopped into Popeyes and had lunch.  Had to take a picture of it to send to HR to prove to them I am actually eating the damn thing.


This is my sandwich above.  Which admittedly doesn't look nearly as appealing as the promo pic I pulled off the website.


The one on the right is a Chic Filet sandwich, which the one I had resembles much more closely.

So I eat the sandwich.  Best damn chicken sandwich I've ever had.  That being said, on the rare occasions I do go to Popeyes, I'm not going there to eat a chicken sandwich.  I want some spicy fried chicken with a side of red beans and rice and a biscuit.  This sandwich will not change that because at the end of the day... it's a chicken sandwich.  A good one, but still a chicken sandwich.

August 27th, 2019... America has eaten all of the chicken sandwiches.  Every last one of them.  Ten days after I entered a largely empty Popeyes and had a chicken sandwich... frenzy, mayhem and chaos took over... car accidents, fights and lines so long that one would think that John Lennon and George Harrison have come back from the dead for a Beatles reunion tour and tickets had just gone on sale.  No more chicken sandwiches.  At least for a while.  But guess what Popeyes does have?   Fried Chicken, red beans and rice and biscuits.  That's good enough for me.  Damn... y'all ate 'em all.

Comments

  1. I am but a chicken

    What more do you want from me?
    I give you the eggs I lay for free
    And yet its like I just can’t be.
    I am a punchline, the constant butt of jokes like some spotted toad.
    Seriously when have you seen me or my family cross the road?
    Is there some thing we have done to offend, some violation of code?
    Don’t get me started on my rubberized cousin, long necked like giraffe
    Prop comics throw him out there, without preface and people just laugh
    I mean we are vital parts of the farm, yet don’t get the same love as a calf
    Why is that? What have we done to deserve such disdain and hate?
    We are most meals, our bodies horrendously devoured on countless dining plates
    You weren’t satisfied taking our babies, sunny side or scrambled ATE
    At least with the eggs, we were furthering generations on the farm
    Some of us may squawk at the break of dawn, as a pleasant natural alarm
    And for that we are fried, grilled, sautéed, baked; Our wings getting 5 alarm arm
    All we want Old MacDonald is for the recognition of what we provide
    That our countless generations, abused and genetically modified hadn’t in vain died.

    F*K all of you and your chicken sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wrong Cheerleader

The Wrong Crush

The Ladies of Adam Sandler - Pt. II