I did give it an effort...


It's Thursday, the NFL network is kicking off its Thursday Night Football schedule and as Terrel Owens has advised me to do, I got my popcorn ready to watch Jay Cutler and Alex Smith have an exciting interceptions battle. I knew before hand that Former Lions GM Matt Millen, a man who in eight infamous years took my once gloriously mediocre franchise and turned them into the worst organization in the history of professional sports, was calling the game. But I'm over that. Just glad that loser is gone and hope that the new Lions regime can one day return us back to mediocrity.

What I didn't expect, apparently, was that Matt Millen would actually open his mouth during the broadcast. Totally didn't see that coming. Blindsided. It took as long as the first play from scrimmage when Alex Smith threw a sideline pass to Michael Crabtree who made a spectacular play on the ball with Millen chiming in with 'Crabtree's got that 'it' factor'. How in the hell would this clown know? Forgive me but as a Lions fan I'm not respecting this dudes opinions on wide recievers too much. If I was Michael Crabtree I'd be scared to death this idiot just gave me a 'vote of confidence'.

I believe this is a unique situation in that I can't recall any other coach or executive or player even who, after screwing up a team all to hell, goes to the broadcast booth to torture the poor populace even further. Chiefs fans might feel this way about Herm Edwards but he did give them a winning season. For the most part bad players, coaches and executives fade away into obscurity since no one is all that interested in hearing what they have to say. Imagine Dan Snyder selling the Redskins then showing on up NFL Network to give sage advice on the proper way to run a football team. I don't think Redskins fans would like that too much.

The good thing for Matt Millen is that this lack of credibility that he has rightfully earned only affects people within about a 150 mile radius of the city of Detoit since NBC, ESPN and the NFL Network had no qualms at all about hiring this bozo. He's on TV more now than he was before he was gifted five million a year by the Fords to run the Lions into the ground. Of course you can't blame Millen for taking all that money for a job he had no qualifications for and no clue how to execute and who would get progressively worse at the job the longer he was on the job, but who wouldn't take five mil/per? You give me forty million dollars and I give you all my credibility. I'd take that deal, though Millen didn't even lose that. Matt Millen just might be proof positive that God loves some of us more than others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wrong Cheerleader

The Wrong Crush

The Ladies of Adam Sandler - Pt. II